Monday, December 25, 2023

Migrant Spaces Encounters: Introduction

 

A diasporic migrant, this is how I place myself above else. The migraines of survival I have wrestled, the betweenness of diaspora I inhabit. Migrant spaces follow me, move me to places of emotion and motion, grant access to deep belonging. In migrant spaces I dwell, affective restlessness swells, sparks action.

In the Migrant Spaces Encounters series, a migrant's accent will be laboring to evoke the feeling of encountering migrant spaces, their geographies and histories, their art, words, and politics, their memories; the effects of their affect.

=====================================
Painting: "Angels Walk In" by Lindsay Hall, This "is based on a photograph taken in the hours after the massacre. The photograph shows coal miners outside of the Ludlow Saloon. According to the Denver Library's Digital Collections archive, the miners were seeking permission to obtain dead bodies from the camp."

No comments:

Post a Comment